Thursday, January 26, 2012

Recap

Well, that was fun. Not all of it, but a good bunch of it was fun. My winter adventure tour is over. I'm back in town, and I'm ready to get back to business. This is going to super cliche, so sorry about that, but being away for a while makes me really appreciate living here. If you ever get sick of living here, just spend a little time in the Florida panhandle (that'll be the last jab, FL, I promise). So now that it's over I get to reflect on all of the things I've learned.

Things I wouldn't change-
My bike. It worked great- gearing, the racks, brakes, wheels- the whole thing.
Hammock camping. I skipped the tent, to save weight, but it ended up being a million times more comfortable.


Things I would do differently-
Traveling alone. It didn't work out that anyone could join me this time around, but I think having another bike riding human around would be more fun and would feel safer.
Finding campgrounds. I would definitely do more research ahead of time- many of the campgrounds in the south are RV- centric (a good number were RV only). I would have known that if I'd planned ahead a little better.

I'm excited and ready to get back to the shop. I'm going to open back up for business on Monday, Jan 30 at noon. 2012 is going to be a big year for Hub, and I'm ready to get it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment