Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day One

In the books.

I had a very long day. What was supposed to be a 52 mile day ended up finishing at 86. It was either camp at Blair Witch campground or keep riding into Gainesville. Go Gators! I'm going to be a little sore tomorrow, but it was worth it to not get murdered in the woods.

Today I noticed that the people of North Florida are very nice (lots of waves from motorists and pedestrians) and are also fascinated about this trip ("Why? Why would you do that? That does not sound like fun. But, be careful and God bless!"). I can't say the dogs of North Florida are as friendly. I was chased by a bunch of them today- two of them broke out of their fences and followed me down the road (Don't worry...they were small, so I out rode them).

Here are a few pics from today:

No comments:

Post a Comment