Monday, January 16, 2012

AUSTX

Captains log, entry 147145. I made it to Austin safely, via vehicle. Having a car gave me access to a radio, which have me access to some pretty sweet Cajun radio stations.

I've done a bunch of neighborhood exploration riding here, in the land of the 'breakfast taco'. Yesterday we rolled four deep (not enough for a bicycle gang, which I believe requires 5), to check out such sites as Barton Springs, the UT campus, and some sweet taco joints.

Today I visited Mellow Johnny's, and the Texas State Capital ("it's like we're entering Mordor...", according to Mr. E). There were some pretty epic portraits of historical figures in both of those places.

In the next couple of days I'm going to head out for some overnighting in a state park or two. For now it's just nice to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment