Friday, January 18, 2013

Personal Record

I rode 34.2 miles of singletrack in one sitting today. That's a personal record. I rode the Bartram Trail near Augusta, GA. I heard about it from Drew at Andy Jordan's Bicycle Warehouse (crazy, but that's almost what I named the shop instead of Hub). The internet is great for a lot of things, but sometimes you just need a bike shop (subtle, right?). Rather than read through 1000s of anonymous trail reviews on a dozen different websites, sometimes it's good to talk to a real person who's ridden the trails. You find those people at bike shops.

Drew let me know that the western section of the trail was more challenging, so I started there.  The trail is 15.5 miles long (out and back for 31), plus a small loop (3.2) and runs along a reservoir.


It's super flowy, fast, not very technical. After doing the recommended section, I didn't feel like stopping, so I didn't. I don't have anything to do for the next 5 days so why not keep riding? Most rides I get to do are 1-2 hours, 6-7 miles. It's been a real treat to get out for some long rides my longest ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment