Friday, August 12, 2011

CX time.

It's time for cyclocross. The first races kick off in a week and a half-ish. I wrote a bunch about it last year. This year I'm gearing up to race on a sweet, sweet All City Nature Boy. I've been riding this baby around for a little while (commuting, charity riding, whatnot), but I hadn't done any type of 'cross 'training' until this morning. I've said it before (Sorry, I know it's not a funny joke, and some day I'll retire it. Soon. I promise), buuuuut, if you ever want to ride your bike less, open a bike shop. Man oh man, I wouldn't want it any other way, but being busy fixing bikes makes it hard to be riding bikes.


So anyway, back to this morning. I went for a little rip around the fire roads in The Fells. Definitely more technical than any 'cross course that you're likely to run across, but still really fun. I feel badly that this poor bike is going to be bring up the back of the pack with me all season. It's a zippy little ride that's built for more speed than I'm capable of producing. Sorry bike, but you're stuck with me. At least you get to race, so stop whining.

Even though I don't have any aspirations to win any races (or even middle-of-the-pack any races), I do have a few goals for my season. They are as follows:

1. Finish races (DFL is better than DNF), without puking, or crashing
2. Race DCCX again (by far, my favorite last year)
3. Go tubeless (I'll let you know how that goes)

No comments:

Post a Comment